Please find the speaker presentations for the 2013 Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS) below. All presentations are in .pdf format. To download, please click on the presenter's name.
Pre-Conference General Session: Introduction to Federal Contracting
Pre-Conference General Session: VA Verification
- Marc Goldschmitt, Board Member, National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC)
- Judge William Thomas
General Session: Opening Keynote
A1. GSA’s Multiple Award Schedule Program: Is It Right for You?
- James Nicols, Senior Business Development Specialist, U.S. General Services Administration
- Robert VanGorder, Partner, The Gormley Group
A2. Legal Ethics & Compliance: How Failure to Follow the Rules can Cost you Contracts …or Worse!
A3. Mergers and Acquisitions: Today and the Next 3-5 Years
A4. Identity Theft: Threats and Opportunities for Small Businesses
B1. Business Strategy: Planning Forward by Forecasting Backward
B2. Branding and Marketing Your Emerging Business
B3. Novation Issues Surrounding Federal Procurements
B4. Board of Advisors: How to Successfully Implement and Utilize One
C1. Managing Effective Meetings: Strategies for Preventing Chaos!
- Presentation Not Available
C2. Financing Options in 2013 for Small Businesses
- David Leonard, Senior Area Manager, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Robert Mocerino, First Vice President, Director, Government Contractor Finance, Sterling National Bank, Payroll Finance Division
C3. Successful Marketing Tactics: Get Your Capabilities before the Program Manager and Decision-Makers
General Session: VA Verification
- Tom Leney, Executive Director for Small and Veteran Business Programs, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
General Session: Current Financial and Legal Trends in Government Contracting
D1. Proposal Strategies: Tips and Tricks to Ensure Your Proposal Response is Compliant and Compelling
D2. Preparing for Incurred Costs Submission
D3. Surviving Success as a Federal Contractor: How not to yank Defeat from the Jaws of Victory
D4. 2014 Healthcare Reform: Are you paying or playing?
E1. The Price Is Right: Winning Strategies for Pricing Proposals
E2. Business Tools to Increase Productivity
E3. Growth Beyond Size Standards: Business Strategies for Competing as a Mid-Tier Firm
- Tonya Speed, Principal, Washington Premier Consulting, LLC & Executive Director, Mid-Tier Advocacy (MTA)
E4. Protests: Are they Worth it?
- Cy Alba, Partner, PilieroMazza, PLLC
- Ed Jesson, President & CEO, OBXtek, Inc.
- Pamela Mazza, Managing Partner, PilieroMazza, PLLC