VETS is focused on one thing—the success of your Veteran-owned Small Business.
Created by Veterans for Veterans, VETS connects you with Federal agencies, prime contractors, and other business owners, who can help you find work in the Federal marketplace.
Provide the knowledge and relationships needed for Veterans business owners to service the Federal government.
VETS brings together Federal agencies, prime contractors, and Veteran business owners to discuss how to take full advantage of the Federally mandated contracting opportunities set aside specifically for Veteran-owned small businesses.
Ask a real question, get a candid answer. VETS provides you the information and strategies you need to maximize your efforts and avoid pitfalls when dealing with the Federal government.
Knowledge and contacts you can utilize immediately.
Attendee Registration Rates
Registration for the VETS2016 gives you access to the plenaries, breakouts, exhibit hall, One-on-One sessions, and any food and beverage functions.
|Registration Type||NVSBC Member||Non-Member|
4/16/2016 to 6/19/2016
6/20/2016 to 6/23/2016
Terms & Conditions of Registration*
- Registration Process
- Conference attendees are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event.
- Onsite registrations and conference materials are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Registrations are confirmed when registrations and payments are received and processed.
- Registrants will receive a registration confirmation email upon completion of the registration process.
- The Conference Team is not responsible for spam filters that block registration confirmation emails. Please make sure that your spam filter does not block email from and .
- Registration Fee
- Your VETS registration may cover several meal functions. If your travel is subject to the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR), you are required by law (Section 301-11.18 of the Federal Travel Regulations) to deduct from your daily meals and incidental expense (M&IE) per diem. Please refer to the GSA M&IE Rate Table for further information and guidance on how to deduct provided meals from your M&IE allowance.
- Other organizations may have different rules that apply for their employees; please check with your organization for more assistance.
- For the current listing of Federal Per Diem Rates, please refer to the GSA Per Diem Rates website.
- Payment Policy
- Credit Cards (American Express, Visa and MasterCard) are the preferred form of payment.
- The credit card will be charged immediately upon registration.
- Payment for all registrations must be made in full prior to the conference.
- Your credit card statement will reflect a charge from Veteran Symposium for your conference registration fee.
- Check payments must be received at the show management office no later than 10 business days after registering to honor the current registration rate.
- Check payments must be received by June 20, 2016. If check payment for registration is not received by June 20, 2016, the registrant is required to pay onsite using a check or credit card for admission to the event. Please note: the onsite registration rate will be charged.
- Cancellation, Refund, and No-show Policy
- Once registered, registrants are accountable for the entire conference fee.
- Registration fees may be refunded minus a $100 administration fee by May 16, 2016.
- Conference registration fees will not be refunded under any circumstances after the May 16, 2016 deadline.
- Authorized substitutions will be accepted, free of charge, with prior approval by the Conference Team.
- Conference Program and Badges
- The Conference Program is subject to change.
- Any changes to the conference program will be posted to the conference website in a timely fashion.
- Replacement of lost or stolen badges will be charged a non-refundable fee equal to ½ the value of the registration rate.
- Conference Participation
- Conference attendance/participation is limited to registered attendees who received an email confirmation and have a confirmation number for their registration.
- Personal Information
- Participant contact information will be part of a database only accessible to the Conference Team.
- Participant contact information will be published in a list of conference attendees. During your online registration process, you received the option to opt-out of the public list. If you decide to opt-out after completing your registration, you must submit your request in writing to by July 1, 2016.
- Participant contact information will be used to circulate announcements of future VETS events.
- None of the agencies/companies associated with the Conference coordination accept responsibility for damage to or loss of an attendee's personal property.
- Photographs and Videotaping
- Taking photographs or using video equipment other than for personal use at the VETS is prohibited and violators will be removed from the premises. Only the official photographer will be authorized to take photographs.
- The organizers reserve the right to use any videos recorded at the VETS for public viewing on the conference website.
- The organizers reserve the right to use any photos taken at the VETS for use in conference materials, appearing either in printed documents or in related websites.
- Hotel Reservation
- All hotel reservations need to be made directly with the hotel via their online reservation system or by calling the reservations office.
- Make room reservations at the conference-negotiated rate of $89/night plus applicable fees and taxes at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Norfolk, Virginia. Please mention "VETS2016" when making the reservation or follow the link provided on the travel section of the event website.
- Please familiarize yourself with the policies at your selected hotel at the time of reservation. The Conference Team cannot be held responsible for room cancellation policies, check-in/check-out times, additional fees, etc.
- Some suite upgrades may be available at a higher rate on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed until check-in.
- For any hotel registration questions, please contact the hotels directly.
*For a complete list of Terms & Conditions, please review this section carefully during the online registration.