Please find the speaker presentations for the 2012 Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium below. All presentations are in .pdf format. To download, please click on the presenter's name.
Introduction to Federal Contracting
- Scott Denniston, Executive Director, National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC)
- Dan Sturdivant, Assistant to Director for Outreach/Veteran-owned Small Business Advocate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Marc Goldschmitt, Board Member, National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC)
- Judge William Thomas
Preparing the Winning RFP Response
Technical Proposal Strategy and Past Performance Criteria
Future of Small Business in a Shrinking Market
A1. Business Tools to Increase Productivity
- Kevin Knight, Owner and CEO, Knight Solutions
- Norris Middleton, President & COO, Management Support Technology, Inc.
- Scott Ulvi, President & CEO, Triumph Enterprises, Inc.
- Lisa Wolford, President & CEO, CSSS.NET
A2. Establishing Indirect Rates
A3. SBIR, Portal To Serious Federal Contracting
A4. Three Steps to Success: Utilizing Resources, Building Networks and Implementing Strategy
B1. Building Successful Small Business Supplier Partnerships with Prime Defense Contractors
- Susan King, Electronic Systems (ES) Sector Executive Administrator, Supplier Diversity Programs, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Tracy Solomon, President, TEVET LLC
B2. Ethics & Compliance
B3. Analyzing Financing Options: Thinking Different about Alternative Financing Solutions
B4. Mentor Protégé Programs
- Jeff Denniston, Senior Account Manager of Healthcare solutions, Harris Corporation
- Todd Leap, COO, 7 Delta, Inc.
C1. Branding to Empower Growth and Access New Markets
- Beth Goldstein, President, Marketing Edge Consulting Group
- Gloria Larkin, President, TargetGov at Marketing Outsource Associates, Inc.
C2. Preparing for Audits
C3. Tax Considerations in the Merger and Acquisition Space
C4. Legal Landmines for Small Contractors
D1. Financing Options in 2012 for Small Businesses
D2. Differentiating and Positioning: Advanced Small Business Teaming Strategies
D3. Perception: "What is Your Audience REALLY Thinking"
- Presentation Not Available
D4. Heroes In the Workplace: Hiring Veterans
- Ted Daywalt, President, VetJobs
- Bill Errico, Executive Vice President, Federal Practice, Pearl Interactive Network
- Bob Mortenson, Regional Veterans Employment Coordinator (RVEC), Region 2, Veteran Employment Services Office, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
E1. Selling Construction
E2. Risk Transfer: Balancing the Insurance Needs of Federal Contract Employers
E3. Exporting: An Untapped Market
E4. Go Team! How to Create Compliant Teaming Relationships
F1. Selling Information Technology (IT)
F2. How to Win For Your Key Executives: Solving the Retirement Gap
F3. Legislative & Regulatory Updates
F4. Enhancing Business Through Reverse Auctions
G1. GSA's Multiple Award Schedule Program: Asking the Hard Questions To Determine If It's Worth The Cost
- Tom Brown, Director, Customer Accounts & Research, U.S. General Services Administration
- James Nicols, Senior Business Development Specialist, U.S. General Services Administration
- Pamela Smith-Cressel, Director, Office of Small Business Utilization, U.S. General Services Administration
G2. You are the Leader of You: Increasing Your Bottom Line by Building a Results Driven Company
- Presentation Not Available